Windows Azure Presentation
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
On Wednesday January 23 2013, I am presenting (or will have presented) on Windows Azure during the January MadPass meeting. Below is a collection of links on various Azure resources which I felt contained good information, some of which made it into my presentation.
General Windows Azure
- Video on YouTube for a Windows Azure Data Center Tour
- Azure Pricing Calculator
- Azure Pricing Details
- Scott Gu’s Blog (Product announcements and examples)
- Buck Woody’s Azure DevOps blog post (a collection of links)
Running Sql on Azure VM’s
- Best Practices for Running SQL Server in Windows Azure Virtual Machine
- Michael Washam’s Blog (Microsoft Evangelist – Managing Azure using PowerShell and the Api)
- Sql IaaS Cookbook (Microsoft managed wiki for best practices for running Sql on Azure VMs).
- Predeployment I/O Best Practices (For any type of Sql Server install)
Windows Azure Sql Database (formally known as Sql Azure)
- Ten Ways to Ensure Windows Azure-Based Applications Are Architected for Success
- SSIS Tips Tricks and Best Practices: SSIS Operational and Tuning Guide (for Sql Azure)
- Comparing Windows Azure Sql Db to Sql Server (Performance and Scalability)
- Comparing Windows Azure Sql Db to Sql Server (Features)
- Transact-Sql Support
- More Architecture (at the bottom of this page….Future Plans for Sql DB including point in time restore)
- System Views
- Troubleshoot and Optimize Queries with Windows Azure SQL Database
- Examples of using Sys tables (DMVs). See “March Madness” series.